Ch.8: Using The Z-ScoreWorksheetSee all chapters
All Chapters
Ch.1: Displaying Numeric Data
Ch.2: Measures of Center and Spread
Ch.3: Probability and Rules
Ch.4: The Discrete Random Variable
Ch.5: The Binomial Random Variable
Ch.6: Types of Continuous Random Variable Distributions
Ch.7: The Standard Normal Distribution (Z-Scores)
Ch.8: Using The Z-Score
Ch.9: Sampling Distributions: Mean
Ch.10: Sampling Distributions: Proportion
Ch.11: Hypothesis Testing: Part 1
Ch.12: Hypothesis Testing: Part 2

Concept #1: Determining an Observation from a Probability

Concept #2: Determining an Observation from a Probability: Intro

Practice: Find zo such that P(z > zo) = .75.

Practice: Find zo such that P(z < zo) = .29.

Practice: Find zo such that P(z > zo) = .02.

Practice: Find zo such that P(z < zo) = .99.

Practice: You always feel like you?re getting underpaid compared to everyone else in your same position. Assume that the pay of the employees at your level is normally distributed with a mean of $40,000 and a standard deviation of $5,000. What pay separates the top 22% from the other 78%?

Practice: It?s always hard to tell if sour cream has gone bad. Assume the average sour cream can last seven weeks with a standard deviation of 10 days, and that this distribution is normal. How many days does it take for the fastest rotting 14% of sour cream to go bad?