Ch.4: The Discrete Random VariableWorksheetSee all chapters
All Chapters
Ch.1: Displaying Numeric Data
Ch.2: Measures of Center and Spread
Ch.3: Probability and Rules
Ch.4: The Discrete Random Variable
Ch.5: The Binomial Random Variable
Ch.6: Types of Continuous Random Variable Distributions
Ch.7: The Standard Normal Distribution (Z-Scores)
Ch.8: Using The Z-Score
Ch.9: Sampling Distributions: Mean
Ch.10: Sampling Distributions: Proportion
Ch.11: Hypothesis Testing: Part 1
Ch.12: Hypothesis Testing: Part 2

Concept #1: Determining the Mean and Standard Deviation of a Discrete Random Variable

Concept #2: Determining the Mean and Standard Deviation of a Discrete Random Variable: Intro

Practice: What is the mean and standard deviation for the following distribution for the number of drinks you have during a night on the weekend?

Practice: What are the mean and standard deviation for the following probability distribution of your profits in a particular betting game?

Practice: A particular game of slots costs $1 to play and it has a 70% chance of losing. If you win, you either get $5 or the jackpot of $1,000. There?s a 29.99% chance of winning $5. What are the expected profit for this game and the corresponding variance for the distribution?