We have two Kirchhoff's laws:
Kirchhoff's junction rule and Kirchhoff's loop rule
Kirchhoff's loop rule relates the voltages in a loop.
1. How many laws are named after Kirchhoff?
2. Which has a larger resistance, a 60 W lightbulb or a 100 W lightbulb?
3. What property of a real battery makes its potential difference slightly different than that of an ideal battery?
4. In an RC circuit, what quantity is represented by the symbol τ?
5. The junction rule describes the conservation of which quantity? Note that this rule applies only to circuits that are in a steady state
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Kirchhoff's Loop Rule concept. You can view video lessons to learn Kirchhoff's Loop Rule. Or if you need more Kirchhoff's Loop Rule practice, you can also practice Kirchhoff's Loop Rule practice problems.