🤓 Based on our data, we think this question is relevant for Professor Farhat's class at WAYNE.
Reaction is Enolate alkylation using LDA and an alkyl halide
Draw the structure(s) of the major organic product(s) of the following reaction.
• You do not have to consider stereochemistry.
• Omit products derived from the acidic or basic reagent itself, e.g. HN(i-Pr)2 derived from N(i-Pr)2.
• If no reaction occurs, draw the organic starting material.
• If substantial starting material is present at the end of the reaction, include it in the products.
• Draw one structure per sketcher. Add additional sketchers using the drop-down menu in the bottom right corner. .
• Separate structures with + signs from the drop-down menu opy aste
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Enolate Alkylation and Acylation concept. You can view video lessons to learn Enolate Alkylation and Acylation. Or if you need more Enolate Alkylation and Acylation practice, you can also practice Enolate Alkylation and Acylation practice problems.
What professor is this problem relevant for?
Based on our data, we think this problem is relevant for Professor Farhat's class at WAYNE.