Grignard reagents undergo a general and very useful reaction with ketones. The product of the above reaction has the following spectroscopic properties: propose a structure.
• MS: M+ = 114
• IR: 3450 cm-1
• 1H NNR: 0.90 δ (3H, triplet): 1.44 δ (2H, quartet): 1.56 δ (4H, triplet): 175 δ (4H, triplet): 3.65 δ (1H, singlet)
• 13C NMR: 8.0, 24.2, 31.8, 40.1, 88.7 δ
• You do not have to consider stereochemistry.
• You do not have to explicitly draw H atoms.
• In cases where there is more than one answer, just draw one.