alkene + HX → hydrohalogenation (follows Markovnikov's addition)
This follows a mechanism:
(1) Carbocation formation
(2) Carbocation rearrangement (if necessary)
Draw the major product(s) from addition of HBr to the alkene below.
• You do not have to consider stereochemistry.
• If there is more than one major product possible, draw all of them.
• Draw one structure per sketcher. Add additional sketchers using the .
• Separate multiple products using the + sign from the dropdown menu
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Hydrohalogenation concept. You can view video lessons to learn Hydrohalogenation. Or if you need more Hydrohalogenation practice, you can also practice Hydrohalogenation practice problems.
What professor is this problem relevant for?
Based on our data, we think this problem is relevant for Professor Zhu's class at WSU.