We are asked which of the following has the S Configuration.
• If the lowest priority is on a dashed line: trace a path from 1 to 3
– If the order is clockwise → R (rectus or right)
– If the order is counterclockwise → S (sinister or left)
• If the lowest priority is not on a dashed line: swap with the group on a dashed line
– Trace a path from 1 to 3:
– Clockwise → R becomes S because of the swap
– Counterclockwise → S becomes R because of the swap
F. Which of the following has the S Configuration? Why?
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the R and S Configuration concept. You can view video lessons to learn R and S Configuration. Or if you need more R and S Configuration practice, you can also practice R and S Configuration practice problems.
What professor is this problem relevant for?
Based on our data, we think this problem is relevant for Professor Loffredo's class at ESU.