We are asked to indicate the general type of reaction represented in each of the following reactions.
Recall the general types of organic reactions:
• Substitution - replaces a leaving group with another group or atom.
• Elimination - removes a leaving group and produces an alkene
• Addition - starts with an alkene then removes the double bond to add groups
• Acid-Base - involves transferring of protons
• Oxidation-Reduction - involves adding or subtracting equivalents of oxygen
Indicate the general type of reaction represented in each the following reactions: (options: elimination, substitution, acid-base, addition, oxidation-reduction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Organic Chemistry Reactions concept. You can view video lessons to learn Organic Chemistry Reactions. Or if you need more Organic Chemistry Reactions practice, you can also practice Organic Chemistry Reactions practice problems.
What professor is this problem relevant for?
Based on our data, we think this problem is relevant for Professor Ciufolini's class at UBC.