We’re being asked to draw the products for the given reactions.
Recall that leaving group conversions of alcohols can be achieved using these reagents:
1) HX: alcohols are converted into alkyl halides. The mechanism for this depends on the type of alcohol involved:
• 1˚ Alcohols: follow an SN2 mechanism
• 2˚ and 3˚ Alcohols: follow an SN1 mechanism
2) SOCl2 or PBr3: alcohols are converted into alkyl halides. Both reagents follow an SN2 mechanism, with inversion of configuration.
3) Sulfonyl Chloride: alcohols are converted into sulfonyl esters. This proceeds without the use of SN2 mechanism, which means we expect retention of configuration.