Theta Replication: requires a primer
If the gene for primase were mutated so that no functional primase was produced, what would be the effect on the two types of bacterial DNA replication?
• Replication could proceed without a primase.
• Replication would occur, but without proofreading mechanisms.
• Replication would be unable to initiate.
• Replication could occur only on the leading strand.
• Replication would occur, but Okazaki fragments could not be connected on the lagging strand.
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Overview of DNA Replication concept. You can view video lessons to learn Overview of DNA Replication. Or if you need more Overview of DNA Replication practice, you can also practice Overview of DNA Replication practice problems.
What professor is this problem relevant for?
Based on our data, we think this problem is relevant for Professor Strickland's class at USOUTHAL.