Point mutations: causes a change in a single nucleotide in DNA
Which of the following mutations could result in a truncated protein? Choose all that apply.
• A nonsense mutation that changes a cysteine to a stop codon
• A chromosomal-level deletion
• A chromosomal-level insertion
• A two base pair frameshift
• A missense mutation that changes a phenylalanine to a leucine
• A one base pair frameshift
• An in-frame removal of three base pairs
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Types of Mutations concept. You can view video lessons to learn Types of Mutations. Or if you need more Types of Mutations practice, you can also practice Types of Mutations practice problems.