Spematogenesis vs. Oogenesis:
Compare and contrast spermatogenesis and oogenesis in human cells. Categorize the appropriate items into male gametogenesis or female gametogenesis.
1) cytokinesis is unequal
2) meiosis produces a single mature gamete
3) meiosis produces four mature gametes
4) germ cells produced in adulthood
5) germ cells produced prenatally
6) meiosis II completed after fertilization
7) meiosis I arrested for many years
8) one gamete produced per month
9) millions of gametes produced daily
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Development of Animal Gametes concept. You can view video lessons to learn Development of Animal Gametes. Or if you need more Development of Animal Gametes practice, you can also practice Development of Animal Gametes practice problems.
What professor is this problem relevant for?
Based on our data, we think this problem is relevant for Professor Harris' class at CLEMSON.