Polymerase Chain Reaction: method of amplifying DNA; usually performed using Taq polymerase
Order the events that occur in one cycle of the polymerase chain reaction (PCR).
The reaction mixture contains four copies of a particular DNA sequence.
The reaction mixture contains eight copies of the DNA sequence.
• The reaction mixture is heated to 94°C.
• The double-stranded DNA is denatured to form single-stranded DNA.
• Taq polymerase synthesizes a new DNA strand.
• The temperature of the reaction mixture is lowered to allow the primers to anneal to the DNA template.
• The reaction mixture is heated to 72°C.
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Genetic Cloning concept. You can view video lessons to learn Genetic Cloning. Or if you need more Genetic Cloning practice, you can also practice Genetic Cloning practice problems.