Consider a process at 298 K with ΔH = +16.6 kJ/mol and ΔS = +93.1 J/K mol
Which of the following is true?
• ΔG = -11.1kJ/mol and the process will not be spontaneous
• The spontaneity of the reaction cannot be determined from the information given
• ΔG = -51.2 kJ/mol and the process will be spontaneous
• ΔG = -51.2 kJ/mol and the process will not be spontaneous
• ΔG = -11.1 kJ/mol and the process will be spontaneous
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Gibbs Free Energy concept. You can view video lessons to learn Gibbs Free Energy. Or if you need more Gibbs Free Energy practice, you can also practice Gibbs Free Energy practice problems.