• Weak Base + Conjugate Acid
• Weak Acid + Conjugate Base
Which of the following statements are TRUE of buffer solutions?
1. A buffer solution can be made by mixing equal concentrations of acetic acid and sodium acetate.
2. A buffer solution can be made by mixing equal concentrations of hydrochloric acid and sodium chloride.
3. A buffer solution resists changes in pH when small quantities of acid or base are added.
a. 1 and 3 only
b. 1 and 2 only
c. 2 and 3 only
d. All of 1, 2, and 3
e. None of 1, 2, and 3
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Buffer concept. You can view video lessons to learn Buffer. Or if you need more Buffer practice, you can also practice Buffer practice problems.
What professor is this problem relevant for?
Based on our data, we think this problem is relevant for Professor Horton's class at UNCG.