• HOMgBr → breaks up in the solution
• HOMgBr → HO- + Mg2+ + Br-
• HO- → negative charge in HO- is stabilized by the electronegative O
• water is a neutral compound
• CH4 is a hydrocarbon and does not normally participate in acid/base reaction
Which of the following is the strongest base?
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Identifying Acids and Bases concept. You can view video lessons to learn Identifying Acids and Bases. Or if you need more Identifying Acids and Bases practice, you can also practice Identifying Acids and Bases practice problems.
What professor is this problem relevant for?
Based on our data, we think this problem is relevant for Professor Oatis' class at SUNY.