• Exothermic reactions: lose energy and involve bonds forming; ΔH is negative
• Endothermic reactions: gain energy and involve bonds breaking; ΔH is positive
1. forming solute-solvent attractions: bonds are being formed → exothermic.
Classify each process as an endothermic or exothermic process.
1. forming solute-solvent attractions
2. breaking solute-solute attractions
3. breaking solvent-solvent attractions
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Endothermic & Exothermic Reactions concept. If you need more Endothermic & Exothermic Reactions practice, you can also practice Endothermic & Exothermic Reactions practice problems.
What professor is this problem relevant for?
Based on our data, we think this problem is relevant for Professor Bakker's class at UA.