Which of the following is true of a general thermodynamic state function?
1. The change of the value of a state function is independent of the path of a process.
2. The value of a state function does NOT change with a change in temperature of a process.
3. The change in the value of a state function is always negative for a spontaneous reaction.
4. The value of the state function remains constant.
5. The change in the value of the state function is always positive for endothermic processes.
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the First Law of Thermodynamics concept. You can view video lessons to learn First Law of Thermodynamics. Or if you need more First Law of Thermodynamics practice, you can also practice First Law of Thermodynamics practice problems.
What is the difficulty of this problem?
Our tutors rated the difficulty ofWhich of the following is true of a general thermodynamic st...as high difficulty.
How long does this problem take to solve?
Our expert Chemistry tutor, Dasha took 4 minutes and 42 seconds to solve this problem. You can follow their steps in the video explanation above.
What professor is this problem relevant for?
Based on our data, we think this problem is relevant for Professor Anderson's class at TEXAS.