Which one of the following statements is false?
1. Gases are generally more soluble in water under high pressures than under low pressures.
2. Carbon tetrachloride (CCl4) is more miscible with hexane (C6H14) than it is with a polar solvent such as methanol (CH3OH).
3. As temperature increases, the solubilities of some solids in liquids increase and the solubilities of other solids in liquids decrease.
4. Water dissolves many ionic solutes because of its ability to hydrate ions in solution.
5. Gases are generally more soluble in water at high temperature than at low temperatures.