Use the following choices to answer the following questions:
a. Metathesis b. Acid-Base c. Hydrogen Displacement d. Combustion
e. Metal Displacement f. Disproportionation
g. Combination or Composition h. Decomposition
1. Mg (s) + 2 HCl (aq) → MgCl 2 (aq) + H2 (g)
2. 2 HSO3 – → SO32– + H2SO3
3. Ca (s) + 2 LiNO 3 (aq) → Ca(NO3)2 (aq) + 2 Li (s)
4. 3 H2 (g) + N2 (g) → 2 NH3 (g)
5. Ba(NO3)2 (aq) + Na2SO4 (aq) → BaSO4 (s) + 2 NaNO3 (aq)
6. C3H8 (g) + 5 O2 (g) → 3 CO2 (g) + 4 H2O (g)
7. PBr5 (g) → PBr3 (g) + Br2 (g)
8. NaOH (aq) + HBr (aq) → H 2O (l) + NaBr (aq)
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Types of Chemical Reactions concept. If you need more Types of Chemical Reactions practice, you can also practice Types of Chemical Reactions practice problems.
What is the difficulty of this problem?
Our tutors rated the difficulty ofUse the following choices to answer the following questions:...as medium difficulty.
How long does this problem take to solve?
Our expert Chemistry tutor, Jules took 6 minutes and 21 seconds to solve this problem. You can follow their steps in the video explanation above.