🤓 Based on our data, we think this question is relevant for Professor Dunning's class at TEXAS.
Solution: Dispersion (London) forces result from
1. distortion of the electron cloud of an atom or molecule by the presence of nearby atoms or molecules.
2. the formation of a loose covalent linkage between a hydrogen atom connected to a very electronegative atom in one molecule and another very electronegative atom in a neighboring molecule.
3. the balance of attractive and repulsive forces between two polar molecules.
4. attraction between molecules in a liquid and molecules or atoms in a solid surface with which the liquid is in contact.
5. attractive forces between a molecule at the surface of a liquid and those beneath it which are not balanced by corresponding forces from above.