What is the correct order of decreasing energy?
1. microwaves, visible light, x-rays, γ-rays. ultraviolet light
2. visible light, microwaves, x-rays, γ-rays, ultraviolet light
3. visible light, ultraviolet light, microwaves, x-rays, γ-rays
4. microwaves, visible light, ultraviolet light, x-rays, γ-rays
5. γ-rays, x-rays, ultraviolet light, visible light, microwaves
We’re being asked to rank the given electromagnetic radiation in order of decreasing energy.
We’re given the following radiation:
Visible Light Ultraviolet Light Microwaves X-Rays γ-Rays
Recall that in the electromagnetic spectrum, radiation:
• On the left side: has high energy and frequency and a low wavelength
• On the right side: has low energy and frequency and high wavelength