We're being asked to name the given organic compounds.
• contains double bond → alkene
1. Find the longest carbon chain and change the “ane” ending to “ene”
2. Number the chain from the end closest to the double bond and provide a number for its location.
3. Substituents will be named alphabetically and a number will accompany the location of their attachment.
4. If more than one of a similar alkyl group is present then we must use numerical prefixes to describe the number of them.
Name the following organic compounds.
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Naming Alkynes concept. You can view video lessons to learn Naming Alkynes. Or if you need more Naming Alkynes practice, you can also practice Naming Alkynes practice problems.