Recall the following definition:
• Covalent or Molecular Compound
▪ composed of more than one nonmetal together
▪ nonmetal + nonmetal = covalent bond
• Ionic Compound
▪ composed of a positive ion called a cation connected to a negative ion called an anion.
▪ positive ions (cations) are usually metals and negative ions (anion) are usually nonmetals
metal + nonmetal = ionic bond
▪ cations and anions can also be polyatomic ions (example: NH4+, CH3COO-, SO42-)
When K+ and I- combine, a(n) _________ bond results.
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Chemical Bonds concept. You can view video lessons to learn Chemical Bonds. Or if you need more Chemical Bonds practice, you can also practice Chemical Bonds practice problems.