We're being asked to determine what occurs during this reaction:
H2 → H + H
• Exothermic reactions
▪ lose energy, releases heat, temperature of the surroundings increases
▪ involves bond formation (for phase change: gas → liquid → solid)
▪ ΔH is negative
Given the balanced equation representing a reaction: H2 → H + H
What occurs during this reaction?
1. Energy is absorbed as bonds are formed.
2. Energy is absorbed as bonds are broken.
3. Energy is released as bonds are formed.
4. Energy is released as bonds are broken.
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Endothermic & Exothermic Reactions concept. You can view video lessons to learn Endothermic & Exothermic Reactions. Or if you need more Endothermic & Exothermic Reactions practice, you can also practice Endothermic & Exothermic Reactions practice problems.