• involves the "sea of electron(s)" between metal atoms
▪ metal + metal
Covalent (or Molecular) Bond
• involves the sharing of electron(s) between elements
▪ nonmetal + nonmetal
• involves the transferring of an electron from one element to another element
• positively charged ion + negatively charged ion
▪ metal → usually is the positively charged ion (+)
▪ nonmetal → usually is the negatively charged ion (-)
▪ metal(or polyatomic ion) + nonmetal (or polyatomic ion)
Explain which type(s) of bond(s) is (are) found between atoms within hydrocarbon molecules?
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Chemical Bonds concept. You can view video lessons to learn Chemical Bonds. Or if you need more Chemical Bonds practice, you can also practice Chemical Bonds practice problems.