Types of intermolecular forces:
1. Ion-dipole interaction – between an ion and a polar covalent compound
2. Hydrogen bonding – hydrogen is bonded to an electronegative atom
3. Dipole-dipole interaction – between two polar covalent compounds
4. Induced-dipole interaction – between a nonpolar compound and a polar compound
5. Dispersion forces – occurs in all compounds
Neon atoms are attracted to each other by
A) hydrogen bonding.
B) dipole-dipole forces.
C) intramolecular forces.
D) London dispersion forces.
E) covalent bonding.
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Intermolecular Forces concept. You can view video lessons to learn Intermolecular Forces. Or if you need more Intermolecular Forces practice, you can also practice Intermolecular Forces practice problems.
What professor is this problem relevant for?
Based on our data, we think this problem is relevant for Professor Zhang's class at USF.