Recall that an energy diagram is usually read from left to right.
The components of a one-step energy diagram are:
• Reactants: are placed on the left/beginning of the energy diagram
• Products: are placed on the right/end of the energy diagram
• Transition state: is the state with the highest energy in the energy diagram
• Energy change (ΔE or ΔG˚): is the difference in energy between products and reactants
• Activation energy (Ea): is the difference in energy between reactants and transition state
Label this diagram
ΔE reactants products Ea transition state
Which curve represents the catalyzed reaction?
b) green (bottom)
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Energy Diagram concept. If you need more Energy Diagram practice, you can also practice Energy Diagram practice problems.