Determine whether each of these processes is reversible or irreversible.
Drag the appropriate items to their respective bins.
Bins: Reversible and Irreversible
1) solid melting infinitesimally slowly at its melting point
2) a single swing of a real pendulum
3) gas condensing infinitesimally slowly at its condensation point
4) solid melting infinitesimally slowly above its melting point
5) liquid freezing below its freezing point
6) liquid freezing infinitesimally slowly at its freezing point
7) a single swing of a frictionless pendulum
8) liquid vaporizing infinitesimally slowly at its boiling point
9) gas condensing below its condensation point
10) liquid vaporizing above its boiling point
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Spontaneous Reaction concept. You can view video lessons to learn Spontaneous Reaction. Or if you need more Spontaneous Reaction practice, you can also practice Spontaneous Reaction practice problems.