Examine the electromagnetic spectrum and determine the position of IR, UV and visible light.
Recall that in the electromagnetic spectrum, radiation:
• On the left side: has high energy and frequency and a low wavelength
• On the right side: has low energy and frequency and high wavelength
In the electromagnetic spectrum UV (ultraviolet) light is to the left and IR (infrared) light to the right of visible light. Which of the following statements is/are correct?
(1) UV light has lower wavelengths.
(2) IR light has lower frequencies.
(3) IR light has lower energies
a. (1) and (2)
b. (1) and (3)
c. (2) and (3)
d. only one of these (1 or 2 or 3)
e. All three (1 and 2 and 3)
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Electromagnetic Spectrum concept. If you need more Electromagnetic Spectrum practice, you can also practice Electromagnetic Spectrum practice problems.
What is the difficulty of this problem?
Our tutors rated the difficulty ofIn the electromagnetic spectrum UV (ultraviolet) light is to...as medium difficulty.