In the electromagnetic spectrum UV (ultraviolet) light is to the left and IR (infrared) light to the right of visible light. Which of the following statements is/are correct?
(1) UV light has lower wavelengths.
(2) IR light has lower frequencies.
(3) IR light has lower energies
a. (1) and (2)
b. (1) and (3)
c. (2) and (3)
d. only one of these (1 or 2 or 3)
e. All three (1 and 2 and 3)
Examine the electromagnetic spectrum and determine the position of IR, UV and visible light.
Recall that in the electromagnetic spectrum, radiation:
• On the left side: has high energy and frequency and a low wavelength
• On the right side: has low energy and frequency and high wavelength