🤓 Based on our data, we think this question is relevant for Professor Gu's class at SDSU.
What type(s) of intermolecular forces are expected between SeOF2 molecules? Choose all that apply.
d. hydrogen bonding
We’re being asked to identify the intermolecular forcespresent in SeOF2.
Recall that there are several types of intermolecular forces:
1. Ion-dipole interaction – occurs between an ion and a polar covalent compound
2. Hydrogen bonding – occurs in compounds where hydrogen is directly connected to an electronegative element such as N, O, or F
3. Dipole-dipole interaction – occurs between two polar covalent compounds
4. Induced-dipole interaction – occurs when a nonpolar compound interacts with a polar compound
5. Dispersion forces – occurs in all compounds. This is the primary intermolecular force exhibited by nonpolar compounds.
For this problem, we need to do the following steps:
Step 1: Determine the central atom in the molecule.
Step 2: Calculate the total number of valence electrons present.
Step 3: Draw the Lewis structure for the molecule.
Step 4: Determine the polarity and IMF of the molecule.