🤓 Based on our data, we think this question is relevant for Professor Dixon's class at UCF.
We’re being asked to determine which of the given solutions can be classified as buffer solutions.
Recall that a buffer can be composed of the following:
• weak base and its conjugate acid
• weak acid and its conjugate base
• weak acid and a strong base
▪ concentration of weak acid > concentration of strong base
• weak base and a strong acid
▪ concentration of weak base > concentration of strong acid
Which of the following can be classified as buffer solutions?
a. 0.25 M HBr + 0.25 M HOBr
b. 0.15 M HClO4 + 0.20 M RbOH
c. 0.50 M HOCl + 0.35 M KOCl
d. 0.70 M KOH + 0.70 M HONH2
e. 0.85 M H2NNH2 + 0.60 M H2NNH3NO3