Insulin Signaling Pathway:
Place these steps of the insulin signaling pathway in the correct order from insulin is secreted to glucose enters the cell. Place all eight steps. The abbreviation PIP2 is used for phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate; PIP3 is used for phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate.
1. Activation of Akt
2. Binding of insulin to the alpha subunit of the insulin receptor
3. Phosphorylation of IRS proteins
4. Conversion of PIP2 to PIP3
5. Glut4 receptors transported to cell membrane
6. Phosphorylation of phosphinositide 3-kinase (PI-3K)
7. Activation of PIP3-dependent protein kinase B (PDK1)
8. Activation of insulin receptor tyrosine kinase
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Protein Kinase Receptors concept. You can view video lessons to learn Protein Kinase Receptors. Or if you need more Protein Kinase Receptors practice, you can also practice Protein Kinase Receptors practice problems.