Immunoglobulin G Structure:
Select the true statements regarding antibody (specifically, immunoglobulin G) structure.
1. The heavy and light chains are linked by noncovalent and disulfide bonds.
2. The antigen-binding site is formed as a combination of variable domains from one heavy and one light chain.
3. Both the Fab and Fc fragments have variable domains.
4. Only the Fc fragment has constant domains.
5. The antigen-binding site is located in the Fab fragment.
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Antibody Structure and Diversity concept. You can view video lessons to learn Antibody Structure and Diversity. Or if you need more Antibody Structure and Diversity practice, you can also practice Antibody Structure and Diversity practice problems.