Evidence indicates that plants increase the number of stomata in their leaves as atmospheric CO2‚ levels decline. Increasing the number of stomata per unit surface area should have the effect of doing which of the following?
1. increasing dehydration of leaf tissues
2. decreasing dehydration of leaf tissues
3. countering the effect of declining CO2‚ on photosynthesis
4. reinforcing the effect of declining CO2‚ on photosynthesis
5. decreasing the O2‚ content of air next to the leaves lower than it would otherwise be
6. increasing the O2‚ content of air next to the leaves higher than it would otherwise be
a. 1, 3, and 5
b. 1, 3, and 6
c. 1, 4, and 5
d. 2, 3, and 6
e. 2, 4, and 5
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Roots and Shoots concept. You can view video lessons to learn Roots and Shoots. Or if you need more Roots and Shoots practice, you can also practice Roots and Shoots practice problems.
What is the difficulty of this problem?
Our tutors rated the difficulty ofEvidence indicates that plants increase the number of stomat...as high difficulty.
How long does this problem take to solve?
Our expert Biology tutor, Kaitlyn took 12 minutes and 23 seconds to solve this problem. You can follow their steps in the video explanation above.
What professor is this problem relevant for?
Based on our data, we think this problem is relevant for Professor Hellmann's class at WSU.