1) DNA analysis shows that fish are tetrapods’ closest relatives. → TRUE
The closes relative of tetrapods are lungfishes.
2) Both fish and four-limbed animals are vertebrates. → TRUE
Which evidence supports the hypothesis that four-limbed animals came from fish? Select all that apply.
1) DNA analysis shows that fish are tetrapods’ closest relatives.
2) Both fish and four-limbed animals are vertebrates.
3) Fossil evidence shows there have always been four-limbed animals on Earth.
4) The fossil record shows more and more tetrapod-like fish before the appearance of tetrapods about 365 million years ago.
5) Fish and four-limbed animals have very similar embryos.
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the History of Life on Earth concept. You can view video lessons to learn History of Life on Earth. Or if you need more History of Life on Earth practice, you can also practice History of Life on Earth practice problems.