• The capsid enters the host cell if the virus is enveloped. → TRUE
Enveloped viruses only lose their viral envelope when entering a host cell while the capsid and genome remains.
• A retrovirus contains RNA. → TRUE
A retrovirus is a type of RNA virus that uses reverse transcriptase to convert viral RNA into DNA.
Which statements about viruses are true? Select the four statements that are true.
• The capsid enters the host cell if the virus is enveloped
• A retrovirus contains RNA.
• All viral genomes contain both DNA and RNA.
• HIV contains reverse transcriptase.
• All RNA-containing viruses are retroviruses.
• Enveloped viruses bud from the host cell.
• HIV contains two identical strands of DNA.
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Viruses concept. You can view video lessons to learn Viruses. Or if you need more Viruses practice, you can also practice Viruses practice problems.