Endocytosis: involves phagocytosis, pinocytosis and receptor-mediated endocytosis
Which situations involve a cell using endocytosis?
1. A cell wraps a portion of its membrane around a droplet of nutrient-rich water and brings the droplet inside the cell
2. A white blood cell engulfs a bacterium, brings the bacterium inside the cell, and uses digestive enzymes to destroy the bacterium.
3. Protein molecules used as hormones are disgorged through the cell membrane of the cell in which they were manufactured.
4. LDL cholesterol attaches to cell membrane proteins, triggering the membrane to fold around the cholesterol and bring it into the cell.
5. Water moves across a cell membrane and into a cell through specialized protein tunnels in response to a concentration gradient.
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Endocytosis and Exocytosis concept. You can view video lessons to learn Endocytosis and Exocytosis. Or if you need more Endocytosis and Exocytosis practice, you can also practice Endocytosis and Exocytosis practice problems.