ABC Company began operations on August 1, 2009 and entered into the following transactions during 2009:
1. On August 1, ABC Company sold common stock to owners in the amount of $200,000 and borrowed $100,000 from the local bank on a 10-month, 12% note payable.
2. On September 1, ABC Company purchased a piece of equipment costing $80,000 by paying $20,000 in cash and agreeing to pay the remainder within six months. The equipment was assigned a 5-year life and a $5,000 residual value.
3. On October 1, ABC Company received $50,000 cash from a customer for services to be performed over the next 10 months.
4. On November 1, ABC Company paid $12,000 cash for a one-year insurance policy.
5. On December 1, ABC Company paid $10,000 of the amount owed for the equipment purchased on September 1.
Calculate the amount of total assets that ABC Company would report in its December 31, 2009 balance sheet after all the above transactions are recorded and all necessary adjusting entries are made.
Frequently Asked Questions
What scientific concept do you need to know in order to solve this problem?
Our tutors have indicated that to solve this problem you will need to apply the Depreciation: Summary of Main Methods concept. You can view video lessons to learn Depreciation: Summary of Main Methods. Or if you need more Depreciation: Summary of Main Methods practice, you can also practice Depreciation: Summary of Main Methods practice problems.
What is the difficulty of this problem?
Our tutors rated the difficulty ofABC Company began operations on August 1, 2009 and entered i...as high difficulty.